Tomato and Peach Salad with Feta and Red Onion
Chill tomatoes and peaches. Make dressing and chill before combining all ingredients.
- 1 ⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pound peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced 1⁄2 inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 pounds best-quality tomatoes, such as homegrown heirlooms, of different sizes and colors, large ones diced and small ones halved
- 1 Tb. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbs. small basil leaves or torn basil leaves
Adapted from food.usaweekend.com
In a large bowl, combine the onion, peaches, and tomatoes.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the fruit mixture, then add the feta and basil and gently toss.
PER SERVING: 248 CALORIES, 21g CARBOHYDRATES, 7g PROTEIN, 17g FAT (6g saturated), 4g FIBER, 25mg CHOLESTEROL, 325mg SODIUM
You'll also love
- Baby Potatoes make great Appetizers 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Onion Raita 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini with Rice and Coconut Milk 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- APPLE NACHOS 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Seared Shrimp, Scallop and Grape... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Spaghetti Casserole topped with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Peaches & Cream Cinnamon Rolls 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Sweetie Pies 4.1/5 (39 Votes)