Savory Tomato Juice
Drink it alone or use it as a base for the best Bloody Mary you can imagine.
- 1 quart plain tomato juice
- 1 pound roasted cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 roasted chilies (Serrano,jalapeño or Thai bird) to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Combine the tomato juice, roasted cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon and lime juices in a heavy duty blender. Process until completely smooth, then working in batches push the mixture with the back of a spoon through a wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher. Discard the solids as you work. Can be made ahead, kept covered and refrigerated, up to 10 days. Makes about 6 cups.