Lemon Cake with Whipping Cream Mousse
With tart lemon curd, this white cake is great when you need a light, refreshing dessert.
- 1 package Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (10-ounce) jar lemon curd
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
Cooking time 130mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make, bake and cool cake as directed on box for two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans.
In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon curd and lemon peel.
Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread with 1 cup of the lemon mixture to within 1/4 inch of edge. Top with second layer. Frost side and top of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- English Muffin & Asparagus Bake 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp Toasts 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- 7-Layer Cranberry Cobb Dip 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pomegranate chocolate chip... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemon-Thyme Shortbread Cookies 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Dessert Squares 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Gooey Monster Eye Cookies 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Baby Dutch Yellow... 4.3/5 (46 Votes)