English Muffin & Asparagus Bake
These scrumptious English Muffin & Asparagus Bake are perfect for breakfast or brunch. The sweet red or yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella combine with the eggs and asparagus for some amazing flavors. Enjoy!
- 1 orange, yellow or red sweet pepper
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half, or milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap pea pods, trimmed
- 1 cup red or yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 English muffins, split and halved
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, or 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice bottom half of pepper into thin rings; seed and chop remaining pepper. Set aside.
In large bowl whisk together eggs, half-and-half, mustard, lemon pepper seasoning, curry powder and salt; set aside.
In 12-inch nonstick oven-going skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus spears; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bright green. Remove with tongs; set aside. Add chopped sweet pepper and pea pods; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Cook until tomato skins begin to pop. Arrange muffin pieces on top of vegetables. Slowly pour egg mixture over all, making sure to saturate muffin pieces. Top with asparagus spears, pressing lightly with the back of spoon.
Transfer to oven. Bake, uncovered, 12 minutes. Top with pepper rings and cheese. Turn oven to broil. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until top is golden brown, cheese is melted, and eggs are set.
Loosen edges and carefully slide onto serving platter. Cut in wedges to serve. Top with fresh basil leaves. Makes 6 servings.
You'll also love
- 7-Layer Cranberry Cobb Dip 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pomegranate chocolate chip... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Summer Squash Stacks with... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Apple Sauce Mac & Cheese with... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Egg, Biscuit & Sausage Gravy... 4.1/5 (60 Votes)
- Rise 'n Shine Omelet Cups 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Broccoli, Asparagus and Quinoa... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)