Carrot Cake Banana Bread
A moist banana bread infused with carrot cake tendencies.
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 C mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 C finely grated carrots, packed
- 1/3 C finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Cream Cheese Frosting -
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz butter, softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 chopped walnuts or pecans for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 9" x 4" (approximate) loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar, and banana. Pour wet into dry and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in carrots and walnuts or pecans until just combined.
5. Pour battre into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out cleans. Let cool before frosting.
6. To make the frosting - Cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Frost cooled loaf with frosting and sprinkle walnuts or pecans on top. Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Fried Rice 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Cedar plank salmon with basil aioli 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- FRIED CABBAGE WITH SAUSAGE 4.2/5 (52 Votes)
- Bierocks German Hamburger and... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Grape Salad + Taffy Apple Salad 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Crumble 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Strawberry-Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (29 Votes)