gluten free lemon blueberry poppy seed bundt cake
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 13 3/4 ounces gluten free flour (about 3 cups) I used white rice, oat and brown rice flour.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. To prepare cake, coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with breadcrumbs.
3. Combine granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt); stir with a whisk. Add blueberries to flour mixture; toss to coat. Combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, 1/3 cup juice, and extracts. Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool on rack.
5. To prepare glaze, place powdered sugar in a small bowl; add 1 tablespoon buttermilk and 1 tablespoon juice, stirring with a whisk until combined. Pour glaze over warm cake; cool completely.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Bars 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Wartermelon Red Onion and Mesculan... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Basil Vinaigrette 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Indian Spiced Chicken with Lime &... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mixed Fruit with Lemon-Basil... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- HG's Scoopy Peach-Berry Icebox Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Weight Watcher Lemon Bars 5/5 (1 Votes)