STRIPED BASS WITH MUSHROOM RISOTTO
- 3 8 ounce bottles clam juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- mushroom risotto
- 6 cups low salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cutter
- 6 tablespoons shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 12 ounces mushrooms (chanterelle, crimini, shitake diced)
- 1 3/4 cups arborio rice or medium grain white rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup shopped parsley
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 5 ounce striped bass fillets with skin
Sauce/Boil all ingredients in saucepan until reduced to 2/3 cup or 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Mushroom risotto/Simmer broth in saucepan; keep warm. Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 tablespoons shallots, garlic, and all mushrooms; saute until mushrooms are soft and beginning to brown or about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
Melt 1/4 cup butter in large saucepan over medium high heat. ?Add 3 tablespoons shallots; saute until soft or about 2 minutes. Add rice and stir 1 minute. Add wine and stir until almost dry or about 4 minutes. Add 1 cup broth; simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add another cup broth; simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2 cups broth and simmer 4 minutes. Add 2 cups broth, mushroom mixture, parsley and 1/3 cup cheese. Simmer until creamy and rice is tender but still firm to bite, adding more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if dry and stirring often about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Fish/Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400. Divide oil between 2 large ovenproof skillets; heat over high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Cook, skin side down, until skin is crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer skillets to oven. Bake until fish is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Rewarm sauce. Using handheld mixer, beat until slightly thickened and foam begins to form. Divide risotto among 6 plates; sprinkle with cheese. Top with fish, skin side up. Drizzle with sauce and serve.
You'll also love
- Beef Cubed Steak 5/5 (1 Votes)
- HG's Cha-Cha-Cherry BBQ Chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauerkraut Potato Casserole 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crawfish Stuffed Mushrooms 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mushroom Risotto with Parmesan &... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Lydia Bastianich's Creamy Mushroom... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken, Mushroom and Cashew... 4/5 (2 Votes)