HG's Cha-Cha-Cherry BBQ Chicken Pack
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, about 1 cup): 294 calories, 2g fat, 874mg sodium, 33.5g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 24.5g sugars, 34g protein -- PointsPlus® value 7*
- 10 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/8 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 cup sliced onion (about half an onion)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark sweet cherries (about 16 cherries), thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tbsp. serving
Adapted from hungry-girl.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
Lay chicken strips in an even layer in the center of the foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and evenly top with onion. Set aside.
Roughly chop cherries, and then transfer to a bowl. Add BBQ sauce and mix well. Evenly pour cherry-BBQ mixture over the onion and chicken.
Place another large piece of foil evenly over the baking sheet. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut to release steam before opening it entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.)
If you like, season to taste with additional salt and pepper.