Copycat Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo
Replicate a favorite restaurant recipe at home. The rich ingredients in this homemade chicken alfredo will make you feel like you’re eating out.
- 1 pound fettuccine or linguine
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup +1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
Preparation time 25mins
Place 6 quarts of water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add pasta and salt and cook until done. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid for later use.
While water is coming to a boil, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 cup onion, 1 clove garlic and red pepper flakes. Add chicken pieces to skillet and saute until done, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken.
Add remaining oil, onion and garlic to skillet and saute about 1 minute. Add white wine (take skillet off stove while adding the wine to prevent fire) and continue to cook over medium heat until reduced in half, about 5 minutes.
Lower heat to simmer and add cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add parsley flakes and stir.
Add pasta to sauce and mix. (If pasta is too thick at this point add the reserved pasta water.) Place all but a few pieces of chicken in the pasta.
Pour pasta into a serving bowl. Place remaining chicken on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and some parsley, if desired.
You'll also love
- Veggie Pizza Appetizer 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Pasta Weesie 3.9/5 (207 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Enchilada Chicken Spaghetti Skillet 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- White Chicken Chili Bush's Can... 3.7/5 (223 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Alfredo 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Chili's Southwest Chicken &... 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
Review this recipe