Chili's Southwest Chicken & Sausage Soup
Enjoy this yummy Chili's Southwest Chicken and Sausage Soup copycat recipe from the comforts of your own home!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 11/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 8 teaspoons chicken base
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground paprika
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced cilantro
- 11/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1/2 cup crushed canned tomatillos (see note)
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans navy beans or small white beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 3 pounds diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 package of plain breakfast sausage links, cut into bite size pieces
- Shredded cheese and sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
In 5-quart or larger pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, onions and sauté along with bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender.
In another container, combine water, chicken base, lime juice, sugar, cornstarch and seasonings. Add to vegetable mixture. Add tomatillos and diced green chilies to pot; bring to boil. Add beans and chicken; simmer 10 minutes.
Serve topped with cheese and sour cream if desired, with tortilla chips on the side.