Riesling Peach Glazed Ham
This delicious holiday ham is glazed with a mixture of bright Reisling, sweet peach preserves, savory thyme, brown sugar and spicy mustard.
- 1 (6 to 8-pound) fully cooked smoked bone-in half ham
- 1 cup Riesling wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (18-ounce) jar peach preserves (1 1/2-cups)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 155mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
Line shallow roasting pan with foil.
Place ham on rack in roasting pan.
Insert ovenproof meat thermometer in ham so tip is in center of thickest part of meat and does not touch bone.
In 1-quart saucepan, heat wine, thyme sprigs and shallot to boiling over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 7 to 8 minutes or until wine is reduced to 1/2 cup.
Remove from heat.
Discard thyme sprigs.
Stir in preserves, brown sugar and mustard.
Brush half of glaze mixture over ham.
Bake uncovered 1 hour 30 minutes, basting with remaining glaze mixture every 30 minutes.
Cover loosely with foil; bake 30 minutes longer or until thermometer reads at least 140°F.
Let stand 15 minutes before slicing
You'll also love
- 1-Point Banana Bread 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Jello Shots 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- German Bretzen, Soft Pretzels 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Lemon Pie/ Ma 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- White Chocolate Kissed Gingerbread... 4.6/5 (57 Votes)
- Crock Pot Christmas Crack 4.6/5 (54 Votes)
- Peachy Grilled Chicken 4.6/5 (54 Votes)