Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
Sausage Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers are a perfect appetizer to prepare ahead of time and pop in the oven about 20 minutes before serving. By soaking the jalapeños, they lose a little heat.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (or regular pork or whatever appeals to you)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (original recipe used parmesan)
- 1 pound jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tastebook.com
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place sausage in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
In a bowl, mix the sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and green onion. Spoon about 1 tablespoon sausage mixture into each jalapeno half. Arrange stuffed halves in a baking dish. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Tips on seeding the jalapenos. 1) Wear gloves throughout the entire process, then remove right after so you don’t transfer to sink faucet, cabinet handles, etc. 2) I love my little lemon zester tool for seeding but a small melon baller works great too. 3) As you half and seed the jalapenos and put into a bowl of continuous running water. This helps soften to bake better and removes some heat.
You'll also love
- Pasta Weesie 3.9/5 (168 Votes)
- Out of This World Banana Cream... 4.2/5 (81 Votes)
- Shakin' Ranch Potatoes 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Red Velvet Peppermint Swirl... 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- SWEET AND SOUR PORK 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Crockpot Polish Sausage and... 4.2/5 (89 Votes)
- Caramel Popcorn 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Almonds 4.4/5 (70 Votes)