When peaches are in season, homemade peach gelato is a most refreshing summer dessert. Made with milk rather than cream, it’s a low-fat treat.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped (about 4 peaches)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 egg yolks
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from 3.bp.blogspot.com
In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, puree the peaches, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of sugar until smooth. Set aside.
In a blender or food processor, blend 1/2 cup sugar and yolks until smooth and thick. With the machine running, gradually add the hot milk.
Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly for 6 to 8 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
Remove from heat and set in a bowl of ice water. Stir for 2 minutes to cool the mixture. Stir in the pureed peaches.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake 4.3/5 (64 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo 4.3/5 (65 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion,... 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Candied Almond Cranberry Bark 4.7/5 (35 Votes)
- Crockpot Pizza Pasta 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TEX... 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Caramel Pretzel Sticks 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Peach Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (48 Votes)