Slow Cooker Melt in Your Mouth Cube Steak and Gravy
Real comfort food done plain and simple. This usually tough cut of meat will melt in your mouth after slow cooking all day. Serve with mashed potatoes, veggie and rolls.
- 1 pound Cubed Steak (about 4 Pieces)
- Flour for breading
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 3 cups water, divided
- 3 envelopes beef gravy or mushroom gravy
- 1-ounce packets (beef, mushroom beef, herbed beef, mushroom...mix and match to your liking)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 500mins
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
Roll cubed steak in flour.
Place in hot oil for frying. Brown on both sides (you don’t have to cook it all the way through – just sear it).
Place steak in crock pot along with mushrooms. Cover with two cups of water.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Half an hour before serving mix the gravy packs with the remaining cup of water.
Pour the gravy mixture over the cubed steak. Let cook for 30 minutes more or until the gravy has thickened.
You'll also love
- Copycat Olive Garden's Chicken... 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Veggie Pizza Appetizer 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Red Velvet Peppermint Swirl... 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Crock Pot Christmas Crack 4.6/5 (54 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.7/5 (47 Votes)
- Beef Burgundy (Boeuf Bourguignon) 4.5/5 (58 Votes)