Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Creamy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Makes 8 -10 servings.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb (16-ounces) cubed (1/2 inch size) Velveeta cheese
- 8 ounce shredded Kraft Mild Cheddar Cheese (about 2 cups), divided
- 8 ounce shredded Kraft Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender but not mushy, about 8-10 minutes. Drain well and pour into a large mixing bowl.
2. Melt on low the Velvetta Cheese and ¾ cup milk until melted (stir often)
3. Pour Melted Cheese Sauce over Pasta and Stir. Add in butter, ¾ cups milk, eggs, 1 cup shredded cheeses, salt and pepper. Mix well and transfer to a 2 quart baking dish. Pour the remaining cheese on top.
Bake until top crust is golden brown and casserole is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Serve hot