Pork Tenderloin with Brown Sugar-Caramelized Onions
Pork Tenderloin with Brown Sugar-Caramelized Onions recipe is so good! The pork is a combination of my favorite pork tenderloin initial preparation and an adaptation of a Williams Sonoma recipe for pork with glazed onions.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar - packed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from savoringtimeinthekitchen.com
Preheat oven to 415° F.
In a heavy skillet add 2 tablespoon of butter. Add the sliced onions and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook until the onions are tender and glazed, about 3 more minutes. Set aside.
Pat pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In a large heavy skillet heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown pork on all sides. Reduce heat to moderate and cook pork, covered, turning occasionally, 10 minutes. Transfer pork to a shallow baking pan, cover with the caramelized onions and roast in oven until a meat thermometer registers 155° F. for barely pink meat, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Mango Martini (español) 4.4/5 (76 Votes)
- Mango-Barbecue Fish Tacos 4.6/5 (64 Votes)
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes 4.6/5 (64 Votes)
- Breakfast: Hash Brown Casserole... 4.2/5 (102 Votes)
- Crockpot Ranch Chicken Tacos 4.2/5 (97 Votes)
- Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce -... 4.4/5 (81 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom, Onion & Garlic... 4.3/5 (86 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Barbecue Turkey... 4.2/5 (96 Votes)