Blackened Pork Chops
A great recipe to spice up the family dinner. Serve these blackened pork chops with some mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.
- 4 pork chops (I prefer thick cut boneless)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Trim any excess fat from the pork chops.
Melt the butter in a small bowl.
Combine garlic powder, pepper, thyme, salt, onion powder, chili powder and oregano in another bowl.
Begin to heat a large cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Heat the skillet until it begins to smoke a little, about 8 minutes.
Dip the pork chops into the butter and then rub the spice mixture onto them. Place the chops into the hot skillet. Cook until blackened, then turn them over, cooking until done. Total cooking time will be about ten minutes depending on the thickness of the meat and the temperature of the skillet.
You'll also love
- 2-Ingredient Gluten-Free, Vegan... 4/5 (139 Votes)
- Subway Sweet Onion Sauce 3.9/5 (155 Votes)
- Homemade Sweet Italian Sausage 4.3/5 (92 Votes)
- Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce -... 4.4/5 (81 Votes)
- Spinach & Gruyere Cheese Quiche... 3.7/5 (207 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (66 Votes)
- Bacon Hasselback Potatoes 4.6/5 (64 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Oven Fried Pork... 4.4/5 (70 Votes)