Lime & Mint Scallops with Red Onion
- 1 cup shucked or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 12 large sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion minced
1. Blanch peas in a pot of boiling salted water, 3 minutes. Drain immediately; shock in a bowl of Ice water. Drain; transfer peas to a food processor. Add mint leaves and lime juice; pulse a few times until mixture is somewhat chunky . Season with a pinch of salt & pepper to taste. Cover; keep at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat; Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and onion. Cook until onion begins to carmelize, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl ; keep warm.
3. Pat scallops dry with paper towel; season with salt & pepper. If skillet is dry, add remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add scallops; if they don't fit all at once, cook in 2 or 3 batches. Cook scallops until they have a nice sear and are golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. To serve, divide carmelized onions amoung 4 plates. Top with 3 scallops each. Spoon a tablespoon of mint topping over each scallop.
You'll also love
- Red Pumpkin Soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Sage and Kale Corn Bread Dressing 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple Martini 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Blueberry Biscuits 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Steak Fajita Sandwich with... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Cheese Balls 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemon Basil Mini Donuts 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P2/3) Spicy Cajun... 4/5 (66 Votes)