- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 1/3 cup very cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup unthawed frozen blueberries (keep frozen)
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- Turbinado suger for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Mix the flour with the sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, salt, and soda in a large bowl.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Mix egg and buttermilk then stir into the flour mixture. Stir in the frozen blueberries.
4. Drop by heaping serving tablespoon onto baking stone or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You should have about 8 biscuits.
5. Brush biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
6. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes.
Serve warm (also great with ice cream!)