Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Scampi
This Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Scampi recipe is zestfully delicious.
- 1 package linguine, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 pound large (16-20 count) shrimp, *shelled and deveined (leave the tail on, it looks fancier that way)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more if you like it hot!)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Extra chopped parsley for garnishing
Adapted from daringgourmet.ziplist.com
Heat a medium-sized pan on medium-high heat. Once heated, add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter is melted and is no longer foamy, increase the heat to high and add the shrimp. Cook for one minute then turn shrimp over, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for another minute. Be careful not to overcook or the shrimp will be tough. Set shrimp aside on a warm plate.
Next add the white wine, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add black pepper and salt to taste. Leave the heat on high and let the wine sauce boil for 2-3 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium. Add the shrimp and parsley and stir to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle each serving with some Parmesan cheese and extra chopped parsley.
Serve immediately over pasta. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Pecan Coconut Praline Cookies 3.9/5 (118 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli & Rice Casserole 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Baked Potato 4.6/5 (55 Votes)
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar... 4.1/5 (97 Votes)
- Dreamy Orange Summer Fruit Dip 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie Cake Bites 4.2/5 (87 Votes)
- Bang Bang Shrimp 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Lemon Cream Cake 4.5/5 (60 Votes)