Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
If you don't bake this Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze to eat it, at LEAST bake it so the delicious smells of apples, walnuts, and brown sugar coming together in perfect medley and fill your house! It is THAT delicious!
- APPLE CAKE:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- BROWN SUGAR GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
Adapted from lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com.au
Heat the oven to 350° F. Grease an 8-inch pan and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.Stir with a whisk to mix everything together.
In a large bowl, mix the eggs with a hand mixer til light in color and foamy. Add the oil and vanilla and beat well.
Stir in the flour mixture with a spoon and continue stirring the batter til the flour disappears. Add the apples and nuts (if using) and stir to mix them into the batter.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Place the hot cake on a wire cake. While it's still hot, prepare the glaze.
Combine all the ingredients into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the mixture comes to a gentle boil. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
Spoon the hot glaze over the still hot-from-the-oven cake. Let the glazed cake cool completely before serving straight from the pan.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Hug Cookies 4.1/5 (88 Votes)
- Cookies and Cream Cake 4.2/5 (110 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Lemon-Shrimp Pasta 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Melt in Your Mouth... 4.2/5 (85 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Lemon Drop Martini Cupcakes 4.3/5 (71 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken with... 3.9/5 (129 Votes)