Sweet Potato, Corn, and Kale Chowder
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups rice milk, plus more, if needed
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter, dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 bunch kale, chopped into small pieces
- Water or stock as needed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onion in oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
Add celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, corn, thyme, and stock and simmer 5 minutes.
Add enough rice milk to cover vegetables.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, and add dissolved cashew butter. Partially puree using handheld blender.
Add kale, return to heat, thin with water or stock to achieve desired consistency, and cook until kale is tender.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
You'll also love
- Spinach Appetizer Torte with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Fish and Chip Cakes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Honey-Orange Pork Tenderloin 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Potato lángos: Hungarian fried... 4/5 (15 Votes)
- Golden Summer Squash & Corn Soup 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Sweet Freezer Corn 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie with Chocolate... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Kurt’s Lettuce Cups 4.4/5 (19 Votes)