Herb-Crusted Flank Steak With Cherry Tomatoes And Olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 flank steaks - (1 1/2 lbs ea)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely-chopped pitted Kalamata olives (or other brine-cured black olives)
- 1/4 cup coarsely-chopped pitted brine-cured
- green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
For Steak: Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Place steaks in large glass baking dish. Brush steaks with olive oil. Rub with herb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
For Tomatoes: Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Season tomatoes to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Transfer steaks to cutting board. Cover with foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
Cut steaks across grain into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange steak slices on large platter. Spoon tomatoes with juices over steaks and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
What to drink: A red wine with ripe fruit (such as Côtes du Rhône) or a pale ale.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1068 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (129 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 4/5 (176 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)