Cherry Cheesecake Pizza
Refrigerated pizza crust dough is topped with cheesecake filling and baked then cooled and topped with a can of cherry pie filling.
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar (for the crust)
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling (I used Lucky Leaf Premium)
Put the can of pie filling in the refrigerator to chill until needed.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease or spray a pizza pan. Stretch out dough to cover the pan, folding any excess over the top edge. Sprinkle dough with 2 teaspoons of sugar. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl and using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and egg until smooth and creamy. Spread the mixture evenly over the pizza dough but not all the way to the edges.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the filling is set and crust is lightly browned.
Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. (I slid it out of the pan onto a large rack to cool then slid it back into the pan).
Top with the chilled pie filling leaving a space around the edges. Cut into wedges to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.