Garlic Toasts With Swiss Chard, Raisins, And Pine Nuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed to paste
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 20 baguette rounds, 1/2" thick (from 1 baguette)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard - (14 to 16 oz) thick stems trimmed
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place raisins in small bowl. Pour enough warm water over to cover; let stand 20 minutes. Drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 3 tablespoons oil and crushed garlic in another small bowl. Arrange baguette rounds on baking sheet. Bake until bread is crisp but not brown, turning bread once, about 5 minutes per side. Cool. Brush bread with garlic oil.
Cook Swiss chard in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Drain well. Pat with paper towels to remove excess water. Finely chop chard.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and minced garlic and sauté until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add tomato and parsley and stir 1 minute. Increase heat to high; add pine nuts, nutmeg, raisins, and chard and stir 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top toasts with Swiss chard mixture. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 20 toasts.
You'll also love
- Fried Red Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Catfish Sandwiches With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish Marinated With Vinegar, Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Sugar Plum Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken, Onion, And Raisin Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Artichokes Stuffed With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom Soup With Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Orange And Mushroom Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)