Turkey-Tomato Stew With Onions And Raisins
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups cooked turkey in 1/2" pieces (preferably dark meat)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green peppers (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add turkey, chili powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Sauté 3 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices, 1 cup water, raisins, and vinegar.
Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Uncover and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Trio Of Sorbets With Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thyme-Roasted Turkey With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet-Potato-Parmesan Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Pickled-Cranberry Compte 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southern Corn Bread Stuffing With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon With Arugula, Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Gratin With Sage And Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pearl Onion And Turnip Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)