Buttermilk Sweet Potato Pie
This Sweet Potato Buttermilk Pie is the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving feast! Want some extra sweetness? Add whipped cream!
- 1 cup cooked, pureed sweet potato
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 9 or 10-inch graham cracker pie crust
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Press sweet potato puree through a wire strainer to make it as smooth as possible, adding a tablespoon or two of water if you are working with leftover potatoes to make them a bit more pliable.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients except the flour, and whiz until smooth. Add in flour and pulse the food processor a few times until it is fully incorporated.
Place the pie crust on a baking sheet and place baking sheet on the middle rack of a preheated oven. Pour filling into pie crust (it is thin enough that it will slosh if you put it in the pie crust and attempt to carry it over to the oven.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until pie is set and jiggles only very slightly when the pan is bumped.
Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, before serving.
You'll also love
- Happy Halloween Cupcakes 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Olive Garden Garlic Alfredo Sauce 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Red Lobster Bacon Wrapped Sea... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Applebee's Hot Artichoke and... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken Tikka Masala, from Cook's... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Overnight Apple Oatmeal 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- German Potato Salad 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Pecan & Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)