Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates & Vanilla-Pecan Butter
If you aren't crazy about Brussels sprouts, please consider this recipe! This is the perfect side to complete your meal.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Combine the butter and vanilla bean seeds in a small bowl. Fold in the pecans and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Note: You can make this several days ahead of time.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place the Brussels sprouts in a medium roasting pan and toss with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until lightly golden brown, 20 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven, add the pomegranate molasses and stir to combine. Return to the oven and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes longer.
Transfer the sprouts to a large bowl, add the pomegranate seeds and lime and orange zests. Transfer to a platter and top with some of the Vanilla-Pecan butter.
You'll also love
- Old Fashioned Cornflake Candy 3.9/5 (66 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Seared... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Louisiana BBQ Shrimp 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Sweetie Pie's Candied Yams 4.1/5 (46 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Nanny's Thanksgiving Dressing 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Grilled Zucchini with Yummy Lemon... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Seared Sea Scallops with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)