Louisiana BBQ Shrimp
These Louisiana Barbecue Shrimp are smothered in a buttery, lemony sauce that's rich and delicious! Serve with a baguette or over rice.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 1 fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon), rinds reserved and sliced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cream, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 30) to 30) medium to large shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- to ground pepper, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from cookingwithdiabetes.blogspot.in
Heat a 12-inch skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon butter and when it is melted and foamy add the shrimp and fry until the edges are crispy and golden brown. Transfer shrimp to a bowl.
To the same pan, add garlic, rosemary, lemon juice and rinds to pan. Stir in Worcestershire and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and strain out the solids.
Return the strained sauce to the pan and add the remaining 7 tablespoons butter one at a time under low heat, stirring to incorporate until they are all melted. Add cream at this point, if using, along with hot sauce.
Add shrimp back to pan and to heat through. Serve with baguette or rice.
You'll also love
- Creamed Chipped Beef 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Zucchini Pudding Casserole 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Boneless Chicken Rolls 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Sweetie Pie's Candied Yams 4/5 (59 Votes)
- HONEY LIME GARLIC BUTTER SALMON 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Grilled Shrimp with Mango Radish... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)