Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Seared Scallops
This Lemon Ricotta Pasta with Seared Scallops tastes like you've spent all day in the kitchen, but is quick and easy to make.
- 1 box pappardelle or fettuccine pasta
- 12 large fresh sea scallops
- 4 tablespoons good-quality olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green peas, shelled and blanched
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced (If you have lemon thyme, it is preferred.)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (475 gram) container ricotta cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from crumbblog.com
Cook the pasta per package directions until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, rinse scallops and pat dry. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter over high heat in a skillet until foamy. Sprinkle scallops with a little salt and pepper; place in skillet in single layer. Cook, turning once, until brown on outside and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
Drain pasta and return to the pot over low heat. Stir in lemon zest, juice, remaining 3 tbsp olive oil, peas, and thyme. Toss to coat, then season with salt and lots of pepper. Add the ricotta and mix gently until pasta is coated evenly.
To serve, divide the pasta between four plates, topping each with three scallops and a sprig of fresh thyme.
You'll also love
- Louisiana BBQ Shrimp 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Creamed Chipped Beef 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Zucchini Pudding Casserole 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Sweetie Pie's Candied Yams 4.1/5 (46 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Strawberry banana shake vitamix 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Baked Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (25 Votes)