Jane Brody Cranberry Apple Crisp
Cranberry Apple Crisp, Adapted from Jane Brody’s Good Food Book
The tartness of cranberries is a wonderful contrast to sweet apples, and the color is irresistible. This simple yet crowd pleasing dessert messes up only one bowl. (If you prefer a higher ratio of fruit to crust, use 4 cups of cranberries, three apples and 2/3 cup of sugar).
- 3 cups cranberries (1 12-ounce package)
- 2 large apples, unpeeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (regular or quick)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar packed
1. In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, apples, sugar, cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of flour. Transfer the mixture into a greased 6 cup shallow baking dish.
2. In the same bowl (no need to wash it), combine the remaining flour, brown sugar, oats, and nuts. Stir in the melted butter or margarine and mix the ingredients well (the mixture should be crumbly). Sprinkle the oat mixture over the fruit mixture.
3. Bake the crisp in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the crisp is lightly browned. Let the crisp stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs 3.9/5 (77 Votes)
- Ground Beef Risotto 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Frosty Orange Creme Layered Dessert 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Apple Crisp with Oatmeal... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Blueberry Dream Pie 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Ham Sandwiches with Cranberry... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Applesauce Cranberry Muffins 4.2/5 (21 Votes)