Indian Style Rice
This yummy rice uses Garam Masala, a spice blend that includes cardamon, cumin, cinnamon, coriander and black pepper. It's easy to find in most grocery stores.
This is a fragrant rice dish that wakes up ho-hum plain rice.
- 1 cup brown (or white) basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons Garam masala
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (or regular)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cilantro or parsley
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Use enough olive oil to thinly coat the bottom of a pot with a tightly fitted cover.
Saute the onion and garlic, just until fragrant and slightly translucent.
Add the rice, and cook for about 2 minutes, to lightly toast.
Add the garam masala spice and stir, and then add the chicken stock (or water).
Cook on medium low heat for about 40 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated.
Add the frozen peas and gently stir to fluff the rice.
Garnish with scallions or cilantro, if desired.
You'll also love
- Smothered Chicken Queso Casserole 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Autumn Spice Cake with Cream... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Asian Short Ribs Pressure Cooker... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Grilled Zucchini with Yummy Lemon... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Apple Crisp Cookies 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Latkes 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Spanish Rice 4.3/5 (21 Votes)