Linguine in Fresh Tomato Sauce with Garlic Basil Toast
- 10 ounces dried linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 English muffins, split
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pint small tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or pasta water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup halved, pitted kalamata olives (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese; fresh basil (optional)
Heat broilers. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, set aside.
Meanwhile, in a bowl combine 1 tablespoon of the oil and about one-third of the minced garlic; brush on cut sides of muffins. Place muffins on baking sheet. Broil 3-4 inches from broiler, for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the chopped basil; set aside.
In large saucepan heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining garlic, basil and the tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes; add broth and sugar. Cook 3-4 minutes, until tomatoes soften. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in pasta and olives; heat though. Sprinkle cheese and basil.
Serve toasted muffins with pasta. Top with Parmesan and basil.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Scampi 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Dreamcicle Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hillbilly Pasta Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared scallops with grapes and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Ricotta Gnocchi 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- roasted shrimp & orzo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Cucumbers, Onions, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)