Tomato Basil, Creamy Agave Soup
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed and divided
- 2 (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 (8 oz,) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- salt and pepper
1. In a food processor, add celery, onion and garlic along with enough of the broth to assist and puree until smooth. Pour puree in a saucepan. Do not rinse food processor bowl. Add half the butter to saucepan. Saute over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until fragrant.
2. Add tomatoes, broth and half of the chopped basil; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cover pot, reduce heat to med/low and simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Cut cream cheese into 1/2" cubes and place in food processor along with about a cup of the soup. Process until cheese is dissolved. Add cream cheese mixture, agave nectar and remaining basil and butter to hot soup; stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: I would put crushed tomatoes through food processor to smooth them out.