Crock Pot Mexican Roast & Pinto Beans
Hearty crock pot dish made with beef chuck roast, dry pinto beans, Rotel tomatoes, onion, and Mexican seasonings.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck roast, excess fat removed
- 2 cups dry pinto beans, uncooked (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (I used Original)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Salt and black pepper, optional
- Water, as needed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 250mins
Pour the rinsed and drained beans in the bottom of a 6-qt. crock pot. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together the undrained Rotel tomatoes, chopped onion, and all the seasonings (including the bouillon granules). Pour mixture over the beans and give it a little stir.
Lay the roast on top and season the surface with a little garlic salt, salt, and black pepper. Add enough water to cover beans and about half of the roast. (May need additional water during cooking.)
Place the cover on the crock pot and cook on HIGH setting for 4 - 5 hours, or until roast falls apart and the beans are tender, adding more water as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste.
Serve with plain tortilla chips or cornbread. Can be garnished with sour cream, salsa, etc., if desired. I served with a side of corn.
You'll also love
- Cowboy Caviar 4.1/5 (110 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Chocolate-Rum Truffle Torte 4.3/5 (58 Votes)
- Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Pecan Coconut Praline Cookies 3.9/5 (115 Votes)
- Gooey Good Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Easy Pressure Cooker Pot Roast 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- A Warm Pan of Chickpeas, Chorizo... 5/5 (4 Votes)