Mama's Chicken Roll Ups
Just like Mama used to make. These chicken roll ups are made from scratch, but you can use a rotisserie if you're strapped for time. Tasty!
- 2 large Chicken Breasts; Shred
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- 1 10.5 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 can of broth; Use cream of chicken can
- 1/2 can milk; Use cream of chicken can
- 1 tablespoon All purpose flour
- 6 oz shredded cheese
- Pinch pepper and salt, for taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cook till chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken, reserving the broth.
When cooled enough to handle, remove the chicken from the bone and shred, set aside.
Whisk together the soup, broth, milk, flour, salt and pepper.
Unroll the crescent dough and separate into the triangles. Place a little cheese over the dough and at the larger end place a good heaping of the chicken. Roll up and place in a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Repeat with remaining. Once all are in the dish, pour the soup mix around each one and then drizzle a little over the tops (not too much). Bake in a 375°F oven for 25 minutes, remove and top with a little more cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Let sit for a couple of minutes before serving, the soup mixture will thicken up like a gravy.
You'll also love
- Ina Garten's Italian Wedding Soup 3.8/5 (117 Votes)
- Java Chicken Curry, Opor ayam 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Southwest Chicken - Instant Pot 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- BBQ-Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Make-Ahead White Chicken Lasagna 4.7/5 (33 Votes)
- Crispy Parmesan & Onion Crusted... 4.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Crescent Roll Dinner 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)