Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups
Chicken Alfredo Roll-ups are the most delicious and easy way to have the flavors of creamy chicken alfredo and lasagna come together any night of the week. This easy and quick recipe will get a hearty, comforting meal on the table in under an hour. Serve with a lightly dressed side salad or some steamed veggies to round-out this rich meal.
- GARLIC ALFREDO SAUCE:
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 1/2 cups alfredo sauce, jarred or homemade recipe below
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- oregano to taste
- garlic salt to taste
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella or melty cheese of your choice, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Spray an 8x8-inch pan with non-stick spray and pour 1/2 cup alfredo sauce or just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
Boil 8 to 10 cups water in a large pan, cook lasagne noodles until al dente. (I usually cook 1 or 2 extra just because lasagna noodles always seem to break on me when I am stirring them.)
Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water to prevent them from sticking to each other. Then, lay out each noodle individually and blot dry with a paper towel.
Spread about 2 tablespoons of alfredo sauce over each noodle. Sprinkle oregano and garlic salt to taste on top of sauce. Take 1/9 of the shredded chicken and spread it out evenly over each noodle. Add approximately 3 tablespoons of cheese.
To roll up, start at one end and roll the noodle over the toppings. You will need to lift the noodle a little to prevent squishing out the inside ingredients while rolling.
Place the roll-ups in the pan, one by one, seam-side down so they don't come undone. Once they are all in the pan, pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted on top.
GARLIC ALFREDO SAUCE:
In a medium to large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add fresh minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the cream cheese and whisk to smooth and melted. Whisk in the heavy cream.
Season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and whisk frequently until sauce thickens, around 15 minutes. Stir in the cheese and when melted, remove from heat and serve.
You'll also love
- Cabbage Quinoa Soup 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Cherry Vanilla Cake with Swiss... 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Potato... 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Popcorn Chicken & Honey Dill Sauce 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Ranch Ritz Crackers 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken... 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Scallops 'n Pasta 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle 4.5/5 (56 Votes)