Buttermilk Rum Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Butter Rum Sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 water
- 11/2 teaspoon rum extract
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Combine butter and sugar and beat well.
Add flavorings and eggs, blend well.
Add flour and all remaining ingredients, blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
Bake at 325 F for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Invert cake onto serving plate and allow to cool completely. Sprinkle either with powdered sugar Or Butter Rum Sauce.
Butter Rum Sauce:
In a small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients.
Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts. Do not boil.
With a long-tined fork, pierce cake 10-12 times.
Slowly pour hot sauce over warm cake.
You'll also love
- Cowboy Cupcakes 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Sees Fudge 4/5 (101 Votes)
- Chocolate Pudding Dump Cake 4.2/5 (105 Votes)
- Chili Chicken Lasagna 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Crispy Cheddar Chicken 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Peaches and Cream Cake 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- German Chocolate Chip Pound Cake 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Down Home Fried Chicken 4.5/5 (44 Votes)