Chicken and Pasta with Scampi Sauce
A popular restaurant dish you can now enjoy from the comfort of your own home. Shrimp can be easily substituted for the chicken with equally delicious results.
- SCAMPI SAUCE:
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- WHITE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk, hot
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced
- Olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 red pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 package angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
Heat butter over low heat; add the garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and black pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on low heat. Add the wine and chicken broth. Stir until combined and simmer about 30 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat stirring constantly. Slowly add 3/4 cup hot milk. Set aside. Keep the white sauce hot until you add to the scampi sauce.
In a large skillet, saute chicken in two batches in a little olive oil and butter until almost done. You want the outside nicely browned. If using, add the peppers and saute for 2 minutes. Return all chicken to the skillet. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and increase heat to medium high. Add lemon juice and broth and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Turn off heat and add the zest.
Once the scampi sauce has simmered for 30 minutes, add the white sauce and cook till slightly thickened. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the sauce and toss the remaining sauce and pasta together and place in a large serving plate. Arrange chicken on top, pouring over any remaining pan juices. Serve with reserved sauce and parmesan.
You'll also love
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo w/ Peas 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Taquito 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Baked Honey Sesame Chicken 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Macaroni Coleslaw 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Mousse... 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Mozzarella, Chicken and Asparagus... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Buttery Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Greek Chicken Roulades with a... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)