Pasta, Chicken, & Broccoli Bake
Broccoli and red bell peppers adds a great combo of colors/flavors and the cheese filled tortellini with chopped pecan topping seals the deal even with more great flavors! Looks and tastes great!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated cheese-and-spinach tortellini
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 15 round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion and next 2 ingredients, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in broth, half-and-half, and white wine. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
Remove from heat; add 1 cup cheese and next 2 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in tortellini and next 2 ingredients. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Stir together 1/2 cup grated cheese and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.
You'll also love
- T.G.I. Friday's Spicy Cajun... 3.9/5 (509 Votes)
- Butter Burgers 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumplings in a Crockpot 4.4/5 (110 Votes)
- Chicken Teriyaki Recipe 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Stupid Easy Slow Cooker Chicken... 4.1/5 (141 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Broccoli Cheese... 4.4/5 (103 Votes)
- Chocolate Coconut Pound Cake 4.5/5 (98 Votes)
- Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken... 3.8/5 (351 Votes)