Tomato Lemon Chicken over Spaghetti Squash
Healthy and easy, this chicken with spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms tops baked spaghetti squash for a full dinner.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
COOK THE SQUASH
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut the squash in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape the pulp out and remove the seeds.
Place the squash on a baking sheet with the cut side down. Line the baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a fork easily punctured the skin and the squash seems soft.
Scrape the cooked squash with a fork, to create the stringy, spaghetti squash.
PREPARE THE CHICKEN:
Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for about 5 more minutes. Add the chicken, chicken broth, lemon juice, tomatoes and spinach to the pan. Stir about 5 minutes until the spinach is wilted and the chicken cooked through. Stir in the parmesan cheese
To serve, place about 1/4 of the spaghetti squash on a plate and top with about 1 cup of the chicken veggie mixture.
You'll also love
- Jalapeño-Cheese Grits Casserole 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Confetti Chicken Chili 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Harissa Chicken Dinner 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chow Fun with Roast Pork and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Crockpot Gingered Chickpea and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Pickle 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Trout in a Parcel with Lemon,... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)