Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers
Recipe from George Stella’s REAL FOOD REAL EASY cookbook
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 1⁄2 inch cubes
- 1 ⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 27mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. (It’s easiest to use your hands.)
2. Form into 4, equal size patties. The thicker the patty, the longer the cook time will be, but less cheese will ooze out when cooking.
3. Cook as you would normally cook a burger and serve with a knife and fork and all of the fixings, except the bun!
Pan Frying | Use a paper towel to evenly apply a small amount of vegetable oil to a nonstick frying or grill pan, and then place over medium-high heat. Let pan heat for 1 minute before placing burgers to cook. Cover and cook about 4-6 minutes on each side, or until burgers are well browned on the outside and white throughout. Some cheese will ooze out, so be sure to scrape it onto the burger before serving… it’s the best part!
George’s Tips | Raw ground chicken is very sticky; it’s easiest to spray a little nonstick cooking spray on it, or even your hands, before forming the patties. When you don’t have any leftover ham, most stores sell already diced ham cubes which are really convenient for this recipe.
Variation | I like to make a quick, sugar-free honey mustard sauce to serve with these by combining 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons brown deli-style mustard and 1 packet of sugar substitute
calories:350 |fat: 17g | protein: 43g |fiber: 0g |net carbs:2g
See MORE of my Recipes on Pinterest--->
You'll also love
- Tropical Chicken Burgers 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Paleo Almond butter chicken wings 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Pesto-Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken... 4/5 (13 Votes)
- White Trash Sliders 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Keto Tuscan Chicken Meatballs 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken and Spinach Paleo Ravioli 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Impossibly Easy Mini Blue... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Chow Mein 4.4/5 (5 Votes)