Luscious Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
- 1-9 "(23 cm) frozen pie shell
- 1 package Shirriff Lemon Pie Filling & Dessert Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1-250 g package cream cheese, softened
1. Thaw and bake the pie shell according to package directions. Cool.
2. Prepare Shirriff Lemon Pie Filling & Dessert Mix according to package directions, using 2 eggs, 1/3 cup (75 ml) cold water and 1 3/4 cup (425 ml) boiling water. Cool 5 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Reserve 1 cup (250 ml) of pie filling for the top. Gradually mix the remaining pie filling in with the cream cheese. Pour into the crust; refrigerate 15 minutes.
4. Spread the pie filling reserved on top. Refrigerate 3 hours. Garnish with lemon sections and whipped cream, if desired.
Gives 8 portions
Directions for microwave: Prepare Shirriff Lemon Pie Filling in the microwave on HIGH power according to package directions using the quantities in the recipe. Proceed as directed above.