Garlic Seared Shrimp
The combination of garlic, lemon, and cilantro give these seared shrimp the most delicious flavor. Try them on top of a bright summer salad!
- 4 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 medium sized cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch table salt
Adapted from yummly.com
Heat a large skillet over high heat until very hot. Lightly coat bottom of pan with 1 teaspoon of oil. Heat oil until lightly smoking.
Add ten shrimp in a single layer. Cook just until golden and orange, 10 seconds; flip shrimp quickly. Cook 10 seconds more and immediately transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining shrimp and 1 teaspoon oil.
Reduce heat to medium-high and add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add garlic and cook until light golden brown, about two minutes. Stir in paprika. Return shrimp to pan.
Reduce heat slightly and cook shrimp until done, about 1 minute; fold in parsley, cilantro, lemon juice and salt.
Serve shrimp with pan sauce spooned over top; garnish with cilantro.
You'll also love
- Coconut Macaroon Topped Brownies 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemon and Pineapple 7-UP Salad 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Scalloped Wreath Gingerbread... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- BBQ POTATOES 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Paleo & Nut Free Pumpkin Spice... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Tropical Shrimp Salad 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Shrimp fajitas 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli W Lemon Garlic &... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)