Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
Quick and easy french toast strips are prepared in an air fryer, making it easy to make french toast for a weekday breakfast!
- 4 pieces of sliced bread - whatever kind and thickness desired
- 2 tablespoons soft butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, gently beaten
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
- Icing sugar and/or maple syrup for garnish and serving
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
In a bowl, gently beat together two eggs, a sprinkle of salt, a few heavy shakes of cinnamon, and small pinches of both nutmeg and ground cloves.
Butter both sides of bread slices and cut into strips.
Dredge each strip in the egg mixture and arrange in air fryer (you will have to cook in two batches).
After 2 minutes of cooking, pause the air fryer, take out the pan, making sure you place the pan on a heat safe surface, and spray the bread with cooking spray.
Once you have generously coated the strips, flip and spray the second side as well.
Return pan to air fryer and cook for 4 more minutes, checking after a couple minutes to ensure they are cooking evenly and not burning.
When egg is cooked and bread is golden brown, remove from air fryer and serve immediately.
To garnish and serve, sprinkle with icing sugar, top with whip cream, drizzle with maple syrup, or serve with a small bowl of syrup for dipping.
You'll also love
- Coconut Curry Lentil Soup with... 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Mojo Grilled Chicken Breasts 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Gluten Free Oat Flour Carrot Cake... 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Quinoa, Zucchini, & Leek Curried... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Tomato Artichoke Appetizers 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Crab & Ricotta Cannelloni 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Soft Apple Spice Cookies 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Pine Nut & Feta Cheese Ball 4.2/5 (9 Votes)