Soft Apple Spice Cookies
These soft apple spice cookies are easy to make and delicious! Give this recipe as try, it will become one of your favorites!
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- .13 teaspoon ground cloves
- .13 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup tart dried cherries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cUP packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from delish.com
Cookies: Heat oven to 375°F. Line 3 large cookie sheets with parchment. Grate 1 apple on large holes of box grater. Chop remaining apple.
In a small bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, and nutmeg. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until well blended. Beat in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be thick). Stir in apples, cherries and walnuts.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoons. onto prepared cookie sheets, 2-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until tops spring back when pressed. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in vanilla. Let mixture cool about 2 minutes. Stir in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
Spread frosting in the center of the cooled cookies. Reheat frosting over low heat, if necessary, to keep it a smooth, spreadable consistency. Sprinkle with walnuts. Let stand until frosting sets.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles 4.2/5 (62 Votes)
- Garlic Butter & Mushrooms Baked... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork Chops Vietnamese-Style 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana Bread 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Coconut Rice 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Chai Masala Pumpkin Pie 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach, Arugula, Almond &... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Rosemary-Scented Dinner Rolls 4.2/5 (9 Votes)