Mojo Grilled Chicken Breasts
The red onions develop a nice char on the grill, but they finish cooking and develop a depth and sweetness once left to steam. Drizzle any juices from the onion mixture over the grilled chicken.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Combine 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and chicken to remaining marinade, turning to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion slices to pan; grill 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and onions to reserved 1/4 cup marinade; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Return grill pan to high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve chicken with onion mixture, avocado slices, and lime wedges. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
You'll also love
- Baked Chicken Breasts with... 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Soup (Low FODMAP) 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken... 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Pollo Loco - Mexican Chicken and... 3.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Pesto-Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken... 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken over Tomato... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Quesadillas 4.8/5 (5 Votes)