Fried Mashed Potato Sticks
Paula Jones of bell’alimento shares a recipe for fried mashed potato sticks
- 3 cups water
- 2 pouches (3.6 oz each) Betty Crocker® Homestyle creamy butter mashed potatoes (just-add-water variety)
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Ranch dressing, if desired
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
1 In 2-quart saucepan, heat water to boiling. Turn off heat. Add potatoes. Mix to combine.
2 Spread potatoes onto an ungreased rimmed half baking sheet or 13x9-inch pan. Smooth top with spatula. Place in freezer about 1 hour or until frozen.
3 Using cookie cutter or sharp knife, cut out stick shapes. Return to freezer until oil is heated.
4 In deep-fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat to 350°F.
5 Carefully place frozen potato sticks into oil (being careful to not crowd pan) and cook until golden. Transfer cooked potato sticks to plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
6 Serve with a side of dressing.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (130 Votes)
- Blackened Chicken and Creole... 4.5/5 (118 Votes)
- WINGS: Garlic & Herb Buffalo Wings 4.5/5 (118 Votes)
- Best Homemade Potato Salad 4.5/5 (105 Votes)
Review this recipe