One Skillet Sausage & White Bean with Gnocchi
All you need is one skillet and 30 minutes for this delicious Sausage & White Bean with Gnocchi recipe! Garlic, onion, sausage, white beans, gnocchi, tomatoes, and spinach plus spices and cheese are melded together in this one skillet wonder of a meal. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package (13-ounces) Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) Italian tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (15-ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans
- 1 (16-ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach (4 to 5-ounces)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Fresh parsley (optional)
Adapted from chelseasmessyapron.com
Move a rack in your oven to the upper third of the oven and then preheat to 425°F.
Put a large oven-safe skillet (I use a 12 inch lodge dutch oven skillet), on the stove at medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil. Add in the chopped onion and stir until the onion is transparent -- about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and stir for another 30 seconds.
Coin the turkey sausage and add to the skillet. Cook over high heat until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add in the water or broth, undrained Italian diced tomatoes, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, seasoned salt and pepper, thoroughly rinsed, drained, and dried cannellini beans, and uncooked gnocchi. Stir until everything is well combined. Gently stir in the spinach and make sure it's covered with liquid.
Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and place in the oven. Bake for 17 to 22 minutes. If desired, turn on the broiler and then broil for another 2 to 3 minutes for a delicious crispy top.
Remove from the heat, top with additional salt, pepper, and some chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy immediately.
You'll also love
- Spinach Dip Wreath 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Peach Pie by Aunt Bee 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Drumsticks 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Pineapple Pork Roast 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- One-Pot Pastalaya (Serves 6) 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Couscous Salad with Cucumber, Red... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cuban Black Bean Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Meatball Cheese Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe