Loaded Cornbread Skillet
Once you load this Cornbread Skillet with cheese and bacon recipe there is no looking back. Check it out, you'll love it!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar, cubed
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 scallions, sliced
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from delish.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine sour cream, butter, honey and eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk to evenly combine.
In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Grease a medium ovenproof skillet. Spread half of the cornbread batter into the pan. Sprinkle cheese, bacon and green onions on top to create an even layer. Pour remaining batter and spread to cover the cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cornbread is golden and cooked through.
Let cool for 5 minutes in pan. Slice, serve warm and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Grilled Sausages with Marinated... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Thai Shrimp Coconut Soup - Instant... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Stovetop Green Bean Casserole 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Latkes 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pizza 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- BBQ Corn Side Dish Recipe 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Daniel Boulud's Corn Mary Cocktail 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Low Carb Brownie Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)